Early that morning I met up with the bridesmaids and we went to Amy's house to have our hair and make-up done. Amy came close to having similar hair issues that I did on my wedding day, but thankfully she spoke up and everything was fixed. We ate lunch and then hopped in the limo, en route to Disneyland.
Getting the bridal gown into the limo
Once we arrived at Disneyland, we helped Amy get into her gown and then she left to meet/take pictures with her husband-to-be. In the meantime the bridesmaids got dressed.
Beautiful and unique brooch bouquet
Flower girl
Picture time with the wedding party followed. Then right before the ceremony I got to see my baby (yay!). Steve and Kirsten did a great job getting her (and themselves) ready for the wedding, although I hear they were rushing a little at the last second ;).
The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. The bride came in on a horse-drawn carriage -- it almost made me cry! I really enjoyed being so close to the bride/groom/priest during the ceremony because I was really able to listen. The priest said so many wonderful things about marriage, love, family, and commitment. I was very touched by the ceremony!
Check it out -- we're wearing the flower hair clips!
This is what Emily was up to during the ceremony...
We took a few more pictures following the ceremony, then it was cocktail hour where I was reunited with my baby again. I wish I had more pictures of the ceremony, bridal party, and (especially) the horse-drawn carriage, but Steve had my camera during that time and he's not an enthusiastic picture-taker like me :).
The reception was in the Sleeping Beauty Pavillion. The music was excellent, the food was heavenly, and the atmosphere was so lively. There were lots of kids there so it really gave the reception a fun feeling.
Mickey Mouse even made an appearance for the cake cutting! The kids went nuts and Emily adored Mickey! We got some awesome shots of her bonding with Mickey and the bride.
When it got late, Steve went back to the hotel with Emily while Kirsten and I partied it up a little. If you can believe it, I have only danced in public four times in my entire life, including this day. It must have been the sheer joy that I felt all day long that took all of my inhibitions away. I had a blast!
Congratulations again to the Mr. & Mrs.!!
No comments:
Post a Comment